For acceptance to the graduate program applicants must:
- Have earned a valid bachelor’s degree.
- Have achieved a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or the equivalent in their bachelor’s degree.
- Request an official transcript of the student’s baccalaureate degree be submitted to the university. For students who have earned a Master’s Degree from an accredited US college or university, official transcripts from that University will be required in place of the bachelor degree transcript.
- Demonstrate through courses completed on their transcripts, proficiency in the areas of preferred graduate study, either business or computer science. Students lacking the prerequisite subject-matter proficiencies at the bachelor degree level will be required to complete the appropriate pre-requisite courses at Herguan.
- Own or have access to a laptop computer.
- All classes are taught in American English. Please review TOEFL and IELTS requirements before attempting to enroll.
Note: Students, who request admission with a master’s degree from another institution, may not enroll in the same master’s degree at Herguan University unless the concentration chosen within the degree at Herguan is different from that of the master’s degree(s) earned.
All applicants are required to submit the following for admission before the deadline designated on the Academic Calendar:
- A Completed Application Form, either online or hard copy.
- A one-time, non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Official transcript for all completed university course work and certification of degree equivalent for the bachelor degree if a foreign transcript in a language other than English.*
- International students whose native language is not English must demonstrate their English proficiency. Please see the section below on English Proficiency Requirements.
- No ability to benefit students are admitted. Students at a minimum must have an earned bachelors degree.
Once the above has been received, the HGU Admissions Office will start the individualized admission evaluation service. Applicants may expect to receive notification of admission status in two weeks after filing a completed application. For any questions regarding admissions, please contact:
Admissions Office, Herguan University, 595 Lawrence Expressway, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Tel: (408) 481-9988 Fax: (408) 636-7095 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*A student will be allowed to complete one semester of courses having submitted an unofficial transcript. A student will not be allowed to register for subsequent semesters without all required official documents having been received by the University.
The background preparation for each graduate program is described at the beginning of each program. In the admission evaluation report received by each applicant, background deficiencies are identified, if any. The student is required to clear the deficiencies at HGU before taking graduate level courses. The graduate student may clear each background deficiency by taking and passing the subject course (an undergraduate course). With advance approval by the academic Council, the student may be allowed to clear a deficiency by taking a challenge exam on the subject. Graduate students in the business programs have the option to take preparatory module studies to clear their deficiencies.