Frequently Asked Questions

Herguan University has gathered a list of our most-frequently-asked questions. We hope that this list answers some of your questions. We offer programs: Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) and Masters in Business Administration (MBA).

Does HGU issue I-20?

No, Herguan University is no longer approved by SEVP, Herguan University is not authorized under Federal law to issue a Certificate of Eligibility Form I-20 for F-1 student status.

Is a TOEFL test required? What if I have not taken the TOEFL test yet?

All applicants must be assessed for their English proficiency. A TOEFL score is the best method of assessment. However if you studied previously in the English language, no test is necessary. Check with admissions for more information.

When should I apply to HGU?

HGU has a rolling admissions policy; you may apply at any time. However, we recommend that you begin the application process three months prior to the term for which you plan to enroll. This will give you time to submit the necessary documents.

Is HGU easy to find?

Yes. We are centrally located in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale California. HGU is easily accessible from Highways 85, 101, 237 and 280.

What are my Health Insurance choices?

Students have the option to purchase the university-sponsored health insurance. See the student handbook under the student services tab for details.

How do I apply for Employment on campus?

HGU offers a limited number of campus employment opportunities. After you have been offered admission, you may contact the academics or student services offices for more information.

How do I check the status of my application?

You can send us an email to info@herguanuniversity.edu, or contact Admissions Office at 408 - 481 - 9988. Ext. 118.

New students are requested to set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor before registering for the courses for the first time. Continuing students may also contact an Academic Advisor as needed.

Can I Add or Drop a course?

After submitting the Registration Form to university, If student decides to change the course(s) they need to fill in the online Add/Drop Form.

Will I receive Course Syllabus from my professor?

Professors do provide the Course Syllabus to students either by email or in class. If you did not receive your syllabus in the beginning of the semester, you may email your professor(s) requesting for Syllabus. The professors email id’s are available on the Class Schedule and also you need to email to registrar@herguanuniversity.edu to update your email id in the university’s contact database.

How will I know about University Holiday’s?

Students need to check the Academic Calendar.

How to check my Grades online?

Student need to login to Student Portal to check their semester Grades. You need to send email to it@herguanuniversity.edu for User Name and Password to login to Student Portal.

Does the university have a library for the students?

Yes. For information or reference assistancel, go to the library on the first floor or email to librarian@herguanuniversity.edu.

Does university conduct Extra-curricular activities and Events for students?

During the year, there are a number of informal lunch gatherings. There are table tennis, games or tournaments and other social events. Check the HGU bulletin board on the first floor regularly.

Are there online forms available?

For students convenience we have provided almost all the forms online to be downloaded from our school website. Online Request Forms.